Junior Business Development Manager
Our new full-time junior business development manager will take on the important responsibility of initial outreach to potential clients for a growing digital product consultancy. You will help take our sales, marketing and new business processes to the next stage.
Here it’s all about balance between autonomy and collaboration, insight and intuition, work and life. We’re looking for someone to invest in, and in return to become a valued member the team - you’ll get your first taste of industry at a digital-first company, where we frequently work with global tech giants, traditional companies and startups.
This is your chance to learn how the best agencies and their sales and marketing teams now operate, and a deep-dive into how decision makers at exciting businesses think.
You’ll be reporting to the head of marketing, with input from the chief strategy officer. Day-to-day you’ll be contacting decision makers at companies and in business verticals we identify as a team, then collaborating on the best approach, and learning as you go.
You’re expected to be proactive, to start to plan and manage your own workload, always with your own goals in mind. We value individual creative thinking as highly as collaboration; but along the way you’ll be trained up in best practices and the latest thinking.
We work in small, open, friendly teams; creating products and services people love, using our heads and hearts, and our principles run through all aspects of the business. We’re looking for someone with the raw talent who can learn quickly, step up and build an amazing career for themselves.https://www.elsewhen.com
What you’ll do
- You’ll work collaboratively as part of the marketing team, with regular check-ins and a closely managed workflow based on the agreed strategy. You’ll use your natural abilities in sales to help us secure meetings with target clients.
- You’ll be calling and emailing decision makers at potential clients and managing the initial conversations. Together we’ll map out the best approaches and learn what is and isn’t working.
- You’ll pick up conversations with our existing client base and network contacts, and develop an understanding of their businesses and how they tick.
- You’ll manage and update your workflow in our CRM software and other tools which you’ll be trained in using.
- You’ll coordinate with the office manager to book in meetings for us with potential new clients. Booking in meetings with the right people at the right companies will be your primary goal.
- You’ll do day-to-research to improve your understanding: on agencies, industries, company hierarchies, the people you’re speaking to, and the business challenges they’re facing.
- Where appropriate you’ll assist the head of marketing in ongoing marketing activities and develop the core skills required to be a marketer in 2019 - across growth strategies, content and paid.
- Supported by the Elsewhen team, you’ll have the chance to take full ownership your work, and develop skills you’ll use throughout your career.
- You’ll produce regular reports for the team on your work, and on how the agreed strategy is progressing
- You’re a great communicator - confident with professional language and at ease when speaking to different audiences
- You’re a strong writer - a relevant degree is a bonus as are examples of writing
- You’re approachable but confident - you can hold your own, but don’t put your ego first in team settings
- Retail or other sales experience is a plus - please detail your experience when applying
- You are organised, can work autonomously and are good at managing your own time
- You have an attention to detail, and are diligent in your own work. You can demonstrate this by applying with a cover letter where you quote the phrase 'sandwich'.
- Work in a relaxed environment where output is valued more than hours.
- Proper work/life balance. Come in on time, go home on time.
- 27 days of holiday, excluding bank holidays (We value rest)
- Private health insurance (We value health)
- Comprehensive physical and mental health cover
- Gym membership contribution
- Perks (Amazon Prime, Cinema, Ocado)
- Training and conference budget (We value learning)
- We have two dogs, Terry and Bear (We also like cats)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.