Lead Service Designer
Elsewhen is a London based studio designing digital products & services. Working with global companies across a number of regions, we design new customer experiences that solve business and consumer problems. Elsewhen brings a deep understanding of the product life cycle, coupled with experience in integrating startup methodologies into corporate businesses.
Here it’s all about the balance between autonomy and collaboration, insight and intuition, work and life. We work in small, open, friendly teams; creating products and services people love, using our heads and hearts. Our designers have experience creating intuitive experiences that are based on user insight, analytics, brand strategy and validated through testing.
About the role:
We're looking for a Lead Service Designer with FS experience to join us for a 3-month project, starting at the end of April. Our client is a rapidly growing specialist lender who we are helping to digitise key customer and employee touch points, both internal and external.
What you’ll do
- Identify users, map their needs and align them with business objectives.
- Create service blueprints, based on qualitative and quantitative research
- Plan and facilitate collaborative activities to help gather information and evidence.
- Develop potential approaches aligned with user needs, technology feasibility, organisational outcomes and value for money.
- Articulate and justify decisions and approaches in order to influence stakeholders and build consensus.
- Translate approaches into short, near and long term strategies that meet agreed KPIs.
- Model journeys and identify low hanging fruits as well as the longer terms opportunities
- Communicate risk, impact and complexity of proposed strategies, both internal and external.
- Create workable prototypes to explore opportunities, approaches and roadmaps, and ultimately build stakeholder consensus.
- Navigate and work within FS constraints (e.g. technology, policy, regulatory, financial, legal) and adapt proposed products, services and approaches where necessary.
Who you are
- You are an incredible designer.
- You have 8+ years of experience in a UX, Product, and/or Service Design role.
- You’ve shipped many products and services over the years, and understand what it takes to create world-class, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You work efficiently with cross-functional teams.
- You are a great communicator.
- You’re an expert at customer journey mapping, user research/testing, Information Architecture, competitor analysis, product strategy, and prototyping.
- You can manage, influence and build consensus with senior stakeholders.
- You have delivered products and services with an agile mindset at a bigger scale.
- You can explain complex and technical decisions to stakeholders.
- You understand the web, its capabilities and limitations.
- You have delivered large builds with multiple API’s and 3rd party integrations.
- You have worked in a big corporate setting, preferably where multiple work streams need to coordinate frequently.
- Competitive day rate
- Friendly and non hierarchal culture
- Dogs in the office
- Working with A-teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.