Mid/Snr Product Designer
Our new Product Designer will help take our interdisciplinary teams to dizzying new heights. You’ll use your experience to create useful and beautiful products, designed with the user in mind. We love designers to run with their instincts — but then know how to validate them.
Here it’s all about balance between autonomy and collaboration, insight and intuition, work and life. We work in small, open, friendly teams; creating products and services people love, using our heads and hearts. Our designers have experience creating intuitive experiences that are based on user insight, analytics, brand strategy and validated through testing.
You’ll be working in a lean, agile process where you are expected to help challenge and progress our work, methods and thinking. You’ll collaborate with developers and product managers to maintain and improve good working practices.
You’re expected to be proactive, to plan and manage your own workload. We value individual creative thinking as highly as collaboration; if you spot an opportunity or see something that needs fixing, we’ve created an environment in which you will be heard, a place to grow your ideas and produce the best work of your career.
Join us and push your design skills beyond the visual.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will work collaboratively with designers, developers and product managers to develop useful, beautiful digital products and services. You’ll help solve complex user experience problems by applying your creative thinking, logic and pragmatism.
- Working with small multi-disciplinary teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight users.
- You’ll lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches, setting the vision for the overall user experience.
- Supported by the Elsewhen team, you’ll have the chance to take full ownership your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Produce user flows, information architecture, wireframing, UI design, interaction design and prototyping.
- Prepare and conduct user research and usability tests.
- 6-8+ years experience in a UX, UI, visual design or product design role, working with cross-functional teams, you have huge understanding and passion for detailed interaction and information design. Experience designing for mobile is a plus.
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design skills. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create world class, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life and you’re skilled at presenting work back to clients.
- You’re comfortable with customer journey mapping, user research/testing, information architecture, competitor analysis, product wireframes, interactive prototypes and UI design.
- You have plenty of experience working with brand and style guidelines to design and prototype to a high resolution that go beyond wireframes is essential.
- Have a familiarity and at least a high-level understanding of the relevant technology (i.e HTML, CSS…)
- Strong skills using tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Framer, Principle, etc. Ideally familiar in using testing tools and methods such as AB/MVT, Guerrilla or Remote. Illustration and or motion skills for this role is a real bonus.
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of end-to-end design solutions. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required, applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- Work on projects that actually ship to real customers.
- Work in a relaxed environment where output is valued more than hours.
- Proper work/life balance. Come in on time, go home on time.
- 27 days of holiday, excluding bank holidays (We value rest)
- Private health insurance (We value health)
- Comprehensive physical and mental health cover
- Gym membership contribution
- Perks (Amazon Prime, Cinema, Ocado)
- Training and conference budget (We value learning)
- We have two dogs, Terry and Bear (We also like cats)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.